Business Mom Blogs

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The time has come...

...for a change. In the midst of managing 3 blogs, updating client's websites, and leading a Financial Peace University course (as well as shuttling one very talented softball player to/from practices and games), I realized that I need to make a few changes that require *gasp* more of my time.

What? You may ask.

As you may know, technology changes VERY quickly and recently I have come to the conclusion that I will HAVE to keep up. Believe me, I fought it. I thought I could continue with what I knew and just build on that.

Wrong!

The truth is, I am constantly building on what I know, but I need to know more. The more as in a few other programming languages that I thought I could let pass me by. Learning how to use Wordpress as a CMS so my clients have more control over their site. (Believe me I am all for letting them have control!)

Learning how to take designs and integrate them into these new possibilities so that I can actually learn how to design better. It's difficult to continue to grow and change when one is using an older system where the designer has to make all the changes.

As a mom of three, my time is limited in my entrepreneurial arena so I need to create easy-to-use websites that the owner can maintain. Plus, I am a very frugal person by nature and enjoy helping out other moms who are starting their own business by finding ways to save them money! If I can do that with a web design that they can control then I've done my job.

So with all that said...and as if it hasn't been obvious already. There will be less posting on this blog. You may also find the url direct you to the site I am working on.

As I said before I am frugal and I have a hosting space that is matched with this particular domain. So I better get some of my money's worth of hosting out of it even if it's to learn a new endeavor.

The lesson in this particular post?

Continue to improve yourself so you can improve your business. Rather than taking time away from family, take it from somewhere where it won't hurt...too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment